Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Have I lost it already?

No, not my mind ... well, yeah, kind of my mind. I got the chance last week to do a couple of assignments for my previous employer. You know, the kind of stuff I was doing full time mere months ago? I was pumped. I did a little at home. Did a little in the office. Things were going great! I was using my brain again! Look, kid! I'm the same person I was before I had you! I can have it all!

While I was patting myself on the back for my new perfectly balanced work/life, complete with bringing the wee babe into the office for a couple hours (without even a diaper blowout, mind you), I got the call. "Didn't you fix this mistake?" Uhhhh... "How'd these make it through to the final version?" Hmm...

Surely it couldn't have been my fault, me who woke up early, showered, and got out of the house on time to go to work with a baby in tow, me the regular "Baby Boom" Diane Keaton. But, wait, no. I got up 2 hours later than planned. And I keep forgetting one way or the other, but this greasy ponytail says I actually didn't shower? So yeah, it was totally me.

After having an "Oh, THAT's what that Post-It meant!" moment a day too late, I'm wondering if maybe I've lost that part of my brain? The one that pays attention to all the details, focuses on the task at hand and fills in the blanks. Have all the pathways in my brain been redirected to tummy time and identifying the source of wet spots on my clothes?


No comments:

Post a Comment