Sunday, November 27, 2011

Adult money habits

After years of no car payments (meaning not too many bills to pay), I have entered a new level of adulthood by buying a car all on my own. Fine, not ALL on my own, since my parents apparently trust me enough to cosign on the loan, but they expect me to be responsible or something and pay it off.

Before we get to the wonderful new car, let's have a moment of silence for the 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass that I left behind at Carmax. I'm sure there were at least a few good memories in that car, not including all the times I thought I was going to be pulled over because my ride matched that of a "Missing Elderly." The most prominent one is when Will and I sat in that car and decided to start dating. Okay, really it was him deciding, making a pros and cons list out loud. Did he make the right decision? Jury's still out.

On to the new guy. It's a 2008 Nissan Altima and it's awesome. And shiny.


So now that I have to make car payments, do you think these money habits of mine will still work?
- Buying generic products unless they're important things like face wash, or cereal, or you know, things you find at the grocery store.
- Filing all my receipts safely and crumpledy in my purse.
- Making up words to describe my receipt filing system.
- Believing in shopping destiny when there's only one pair of the shoes I want and they're in my size.
- Spending what I spend and leaving the rest alone until I want to spend it.

Those are solid financial tips, right? I guess I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment