Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mimi's stories

When I was cleaning out my room last week I found some notes from a school project that I don't really remember. For whatever this project was, I had interviewed my grandparents, Mimi and Daddy Joe, about their lives. So I thought I'd share some of their stories from when they were young in a few blog posts!

Mimi's human name was Margaret Elizabeth but she went by Libby. She passed away about 4 years ago so I'm glad I still have these stories written down about her. Slobby habits come through for me again!

Libby grew up on a strawberry and cotton farm in Arkansas. Her dad was a widower with 2 boys who married a woman named Minnie Mae and they had my grandma.

When she was young, everyone had to help out in the fields, even sweet little girls like her. But one day she didn't want to work (she was supposed to weed the cotton), so she just pulled up as many cotton plants as she did weeds and her dad sent her home. Now, I don't know how long this strategy worked before she got in trouble, but that sounds like my kind of girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment