Monday, October 10, 2011

Netherlands nostalgia

Today I'm wearing my boots for the first time since getting back from the Netherlands and it's making me miss that place, even with the cold and all the rain and the annoying roommate. It's nuts to think it's been more than six months since I got back! I cannot believe it's been that long and at the same time, it feels like a lifetime ago.

Some of the things I loved:
-Going down the street with my coworkers to Blooming Cafe for coffee/cake instead of working.
-My mom laughing at a joke during the all-Dutch tour because she knew it was a joke even though she didn't know what the joke was.
-Watching Will eat a nieuwe (raw) herring (and hearing him speak Dutch).
-Never having to get gas.
-Comparing sayings in different languages.
-Albert Heijn.
-Train rides to other countries.
-Fries and mayonnaise.
-The Hague.






No comments:

Post a Comment