Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 Things I Wrote About This Week

My job so far (and for the foreseeable future) has been writing lists, mostly of 10 (there was an eight and an 11). They're a lot like the kind of things you see on the MSN or Yahoo homepage. 10 Reasons You Should Take a Vacation. 10 Plastic Surgeries Gone Wrong. 10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor. And so on. (Those are made-up examples. If I'd researched botched plastic surgeries, I would definitely be sharing.)

So in honor of the way I'm making money (and because I haven't blogged much lately), here are five things I wrote about this week.

1. Tree kangaroos. They really exist. Isn't that awesome? They look kind of like a cross between a tiny bear and a kangaroo with a raccoon tail.
2. Groin kicks. And the proper way to perform them. Though, let's be honest: there's really no wrong way to kick some guy in the crotch. I guess I should mention this was for an article about self-defense moves, but that doesn't mean I haven't threatened Will several times with my new-found knowledge.
3. Robot teachers. In South Korea and Japan, some classrooms are trying out robot teaching assistants. The Korean one teaches English, and the Japanese one knows how to do things like take roll and scold misbehaving kids.
4. I-45. According to my calculations based on the number of deaths per mile of highway, I-45 in Texas is the 8th most dangerous interstate in the U.S. And 45 around the Houston area is the most dangerous area in Texas for teenage drivers (and probably the people who share the road with teenage drivers). So I know which road I'm avoiding from now on.
5. Dogs acting like people. I haven't quite finished this article yet, but I had the torturous task of researching cute animal Tumblrs on Friday and ran across this dogs acting like people blog. There's also one for hipster puppies. And now I want a fuzzy pet more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment