Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Austin weekend

Will and I went to Austin over the weekend to celebrate the end of his finals and use some hotel vouchers he had. We stayed on South Congress, an area with lots of vintage/antique shops, food trucks, outdoor markets, and dog lovers. I bought this little print, probably for my bedroom, at some used bookstore.



We stayed at Hotel San Jose, which was really hip, with a nice outdoor lounge area that made it feel like we were far from the middle of the city.



Room service, NYT included.


We went bowling (I wasn't nearly as good as I imagined I'd be after my office party Thursday at the bowling lanes downtown), ate at Trudy's (famous for Mexican martinis and amazing fried avocados), and saw a holiday-themed Master Pancake Theater at Alamo Drafthouse.


It was a perfect little break after a long semester for Will and the realization that I don't get a long Christmas vacation anymore now that I'm an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment