Friday, April 1, 2011

Paris: Arc and Louvre

Since I have less than a week left here and will obviously not be doing that many cool things once I get home, I'm planning to milk at least a few posts out of my Paris trip.

I took a fast train from Rotterdam to Paris after work on Friday and got there in under 3 hours, in time to meet my friend Henry for a bit before going to bed. On Saturday, Henry showed me all of Paris. Well, maybe not all, but it really felt like it.

We started at the Arc de Triomphe and Henry told me all about the history of it. Then I made him repeat it all in French to make it more amusing. All I could tell you now is that the Arc is pretty and you're not supposed to run across traffic to get to it.
Under the Arc.

We walked down the Champs-Elysees to Place de la Concorde, the largest square in Paris. Behind Henry is the obelisk and way back in the distance, you can make out the Eiffel Tower.

It was an amazing day. It was actually so warm I had to take off the light jacket I had worn. We went to the Jardin de Tuileries and it was clear everyone else noticed how nice the weather was, too. There were tons of people out enjoying the weather and the blooming trees and flowers. Ah, springtime in Paris. (Jealous yet? I can try harder if you're not)

Once we reached the Louvre, we saw the huge line to go inside, so we opted instead to stand around and laugh at the tourists taking photos with the pyramid. I think that was a good decision.


And now I'm cutting you off for the day. Sorry, I've got to ration the photos. More to come tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment