Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Horseback riding

Now that I've scanned a few old photos of Mimi and Daddy Joe (and several more wrong that I'll have to rescan), I thought I'd get back to some of their stories. This one is short and sweet. In fact, I'm mostly into this post for the photo. Wasn't everyone just so much cuter back then?

This is Mimi and a few friends (I guess) around 1945. She's the second from the left.


When Mimi was little, she learned how to ride a horse bareback, but she was only allowed to do it in the backyard. There was one major problem, though: the clothesline. It didn't matter what she did, she couldn't keep the horse from going under the clothesline and knocking her off. I don't know if it's just because she's my grandmother, but for some reason, imagining this kind of makes me laugh. Or maybe I'm just mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment