Monday, December 6, 2010

Deal with a rat

I'm pretty sure I have a rat in my apartment. All the signs are there: a little bit of poop, some scratchy rodent noises (and believe me, I know rodent noises after the squirrel in the wall) and this morning, something had gotten into the kitchen trash.

I move out of this place within the next 3 weeks, so I'd like to just treat the rat like a roommate I never have to see until my lease is up (and one that I try to keep out of my bedroom by cramming a towel under the door while I sleep). I thought about buying a trap yesterday, but honestly, the last thing I want to find in my kitchen is a dead rat, or worse, a dying rat. I'm not man enough to take care of that.

I told the rat how I hadn't bought a trap and that we should just try to live in harmony and I thought it was settled. But the rat did not keep up his end of the deal when he went through my garbage. So now what? If it's this kind of rat, I'm going to want to get a trap or some spaghetti-eating dogs:
From Disney's Lady and the Tramp (and my nightmares)


But if it's this kind of rat, I should probably buy a chef's hat (though based on geographical logic and my rat's affinity for leftover Ninfa's guacamole, I think mine's a Mexican-cooking rat):
From Disney-Pixar's Ratatouille

No comments:

Post a Comment