Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, all

Get any good gifts? I got the Kelly Moore bag I've had my eye on for a while now. I'm so excited to take it to the Hague (and I'm thinking of how to keep it from getting snatched while on public transportation).

My crafty sister crocheted me a headband/earwarmer kind of like this one. And we all got some leather-bound books from my brother, his founding contribution to the Poller library.

Now all I have to do before I leave in 12 days is move out of my apartment in Waco, watch the Bears beat Illinois in the Texas Bowl, unpack the boxes I've moved from Waco in order to pack what I need for the next 3 months (in 1 or 2 suitcases, no less), figure out how to live in Europe and say my goodbyes. It doesn't sound like as much work as I think it's going to be.

Also, I found out that I'm 1/8 Dutch (passed on from my great-grandfather Poller), so my chances of fitting in over there just got 12.5% better.

No comments:

Post a Comment